WASBE is happy to announce the three finalists of each Category from the 4th Edition of WASBE’s International Composition Contest.
We would like to thank the professionals serving on the adjudication panel. They had a lot of music to study and everyone expressed that the decisions were not easy to make. On the whole, the competition was of a very high artistic level. Here are the finalists (in alphabetical order of the title):
Category I (Grade 1-2):
– Fountains (Derek Jenkins, United States)
– Prairie Sunset (Kenley Kristofferson, Canada)
– Solar Flare (Derek Jenkins, United States)
Category II (Grade 3-4):
– Icelandic Folk Song Suite No. 2 (Kenley Kristofferson, Canada)
– The Skyscrapers (Daisuke Shimizu, Japan)
– You Belong Here (Carl Holmquist, Puerto Rico/United States)
Category III (Emerging Composers):
– Cosmogonies (José Vicente Franco Landete, Spain)
– Drive (Alex Ehredt, United States)
– Impulse Momentum (Aures Moussong, Mexico)
The WASBE board wish to thank every composer for submitting their music for this composition contest. It is our pleasure to continue to support composers who write for the wind band medium and hope you will consider entering future competitions and/or taking part in composer opportunities offered by WASBE.