Due to COVID19, the upcoming WASBE regional, in-person, events have been postponed.
We will still consider approving and sponsoring new applications for future events, whether in-person or on line.
Please feel free to submit an application to host an event.
In order to remain connected, WASBE has started a monthly video series entitled, WASBE’s Worldwide Winds:
- Interview with Dutch composer Christiaan Janssen
- A complete performance of his work, Cappricio for Wind Orchestra
- Latvia–Land Where People Not Only Sing But Also Play
- Interviews with Astrida Kenina, Guntis Kumacevs, and Andris Vecumnieks
- Performers: Latvian National Armed Forces Army Band, Orchestra RIGA, University of Latvia Wind band, and the Kokle Ensemble “Cantana”
- Interview with Canadian composer Don MacDonald and transcriber Mark Hopkins, including a complete performance of Tabula Rasa (Blank Slate).
- Interview with composer Simon Yau Yuen Hing about his composition ‘The Story of Cao Xueqin’
- Boardmember Andrea Loss (IT) in conversation with composer Franco Cesarini (CH) about Symphony Nr. 2 ‘EDO’
- WASBE Board Member Jukka Viitasaari is representing composers and compositions from Finland
- Featuring Lauri Porra, Jukka-Pekka Lehto, the Helsinki Police Symphonic Band conducted by Sami Ruusuvuori and the Lapland Military Band, conducted by Tero Haikala.
- Czech Music History (Fucik, Dvorak, Mahler, Martinu, Nelhybel, Husa)
- Interview with Czech composer and conductor Jan Zastera
- A recording of The Czech Heavens, cycle of saint cantatas by Jan Zastera
- Invitation to the WASBE 2022 Conference in Prague
- Interview with American composer, Alex Shapiro
- Conversation about Electroacoustic Music and Diversity in Classical music
- Interview with Dutch composer Johan de Meij about the influence of COVID-19 on his work.
Interview and presentation about Symphony Nr. 5 “Return to Middle Earth”