CONDUCTING SEMINAR WITH WASBE PRIZE WINNING COMPOSITIONS
From 31 May to 3 June this year, the University of Music Basel held in cooperation with the Symphonic Youth Wind Ensemble Baden-Württemberg an International Masterclass for Wind Orchestra Conductors. During this seminar the students worked on pieces by Schoenberg, Husa, Gorb, Dvorak and the two winners of the first WASBE composition contest “Wolf Tears” by the Portuguese composer Nelson Jesus and “Pershing” by the US-American Gregory Fritze. At the end of the course the students presented the compositions at a concert.
The seminar was conducted by Alberto Roque from the Escola Superior de Musica, Lisbon, Beat Hofstetter and Felix Hauswirth from the University of Music, Basel.
The picture shows the active course participants and their lecturers: (from left to right) Beat Hofstetter, University of Music Basel, Switzerland; Yiang Hoon Tan, Singapore; Alberto Roque, Escola Superior de Musica Lisbon, Portugal; Heong ieng Tam, Hong Kong; Giovani Briguente, Brazil/USA; Miguel Etchegoncelay, Argentina/France; Giuseppe Porgo, Italy; Dominik Baumann, Germany, Emilie Chabrol, France; Andrius Pamorskis, Lithuania; Pauline Zahno, Switzerland; Michael Meininger, Germany; Andries Voets, Belgium; Christian Weng, Germany; Felix Hauswirth, University of Music Basel, Switzerland
Internationaler Blasmusik Kongress (The International Wind Band Conference)
January 16-19, 2020, Neu-Ulm, Bavaria, Germany.
- In Collaboration with the German WASBE Section we set up a booth.
- Markus Mauderer gave a session “ABOUT WASBE.“
- Miguel Etchegoncelay gave a presentation on South American wind band Literature.
- Franco Hänle led a Reading Session using new literature from the publishers.
- Six composers conducted their pieces.
- The lab ensemble was compiled from the participants and consisted of approximately 60 musicians.
- 1,500 participants in attendance at the conference.
- A lot of participants had never heard about our beautiful organization and we could introduce our projects to them personally. As well, it was good to have all scores of the last WCC at the Booth. It was a great opportunity to show them our pieces, available for the members for the special rate.
- 11 new members.
The Art of Teaching Music : Tools for Teachers and Conductors
October 19 and 20, 2019
WASBE Presenter: Joop Boerstoel
Other Presenters: Symone Boerstoel – Koops (for parents of pupils)
Participants: Teachers of the Orkiestra Wieniawa (Poland)
Lab Ensemble: Orkiestra Wieniawa (Poland)
WASBE specific content: The program was custom made for the Teachers and wind band players
Impressions: “We would like to say thank you for being with us this week. Our musicians are inspired and happy”.
THE 1ST CHINA INTERNATIONAL WIND MUSIC FESTIVAL
(AS A PART OF 12TH CHINA INTERNATIONAL YOUTH ARTS FESTIVAL)
August 15– 21, 2019
WASBE Presenter: Joop Boerstoel
Participants: CAEG, CASBE, many bands and conductors
Working on cooperation with CASBE and CAEG from China and WASBE.
Expertise, International Band Participation, Clinics/Workshops and Repertoire
Impressions: They said more than once how happy and thankful they were with this first cooperation.
Become a Member Today
Members receive a host of benefits by joining the WASBE community, including:
Exclusive Access to the Member Directory
Electronic Magazine and Journal Editions
You Make it Possible!
WASBE is a non-profit organization. Our events and service are only possible with the support of donations and volunteers