Warsaw Wind Music Association and PWM Edition invite to take part in the International Composition Contest for Wind Orchestra – Warsaw Wind Ensemble Composition Contest 2020. This is the first edition of the international competition for composers, the subject of which is to write a premiere composition for a concert wind orchestra.
The Contest is open to composers of all nationalities. Competition works will be evaluated in two categories: international and Polish. The final gala of the Contest will be held on 28 November 2020 in Warsaw. The winners will receive attractive prizes, including publication of the work in the The Wind Orchestras Library series of the PWM Edition, performance of the composition during the Final Gala, attaching the composition to the repertoire of renowned wind orchestras and material prizes funded by PWM Edition.
The evaluation of the works and the selection of the winning composition will be made by the Jury:
- Alicja Gronau DMus Hab. (Poland) – composer and music theoretician, Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, chairwoman of the jury
- Chris David Westover D.M.A. (USA) – conductor and composer, Denison University
- Ryan Latimer DMus (UK) – composer, University of Birmingham
- Eunho Chang Dmus (South Korea) – composer, Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw
- Lt Col. Adam Czajkowski (Poland) – conductor and arranger, long-term head of the Representative Artistic Ensemble of the Polish Army Forces in Warsaw
- Daniel Cichy DMus (Poland) – director – editor-in-chief of PWM Edition
- Jakub Nikiel (Poland) – composer, PWM Edition, editor of The Wind Orchestras Library series
- Mariusz Dziubek DMus (Poland) – Director of the National Wind Orchestra in Lubin
- Jarosław Praszczałek DMus (Poland) – Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, secretary of the jury and coordinator of the Contest
The Contest is organised by the Warsaw Wind Music Association and the PWM Edition. The partners of the event are: Warsaw University of Life Sciences Representative Orchestra and District Cultural Centre Ursynów. Media patronage of the event is taken by: POLMIC – Polish Music Information Centre and “Orkiestry Dęte” portal.
Regulations and details of the Contest can be found at the address: www.warsawwinds.pl and on the social profile on Facebook: Warsaw Wind Ensemble Composition Contest 2020. Applications by the registration system which is available on the Contest website are accepted until 30 September 2020.