One of the major concerns of WASBE is meeting the professional needs of the wind band/ensemble conductor, composer, and publisher. Through international conferences, assorted activities, committees, networks, and publications, WASBE members have access to the most current developments around the world. Here are a few of the opportunities for professional growth and fellowship open to WASBE members:
- The Conductor Development and Training Committee provides opportunities for conductors to attend workshops and seminars on conducting, score analysis and repertoire selection with internationally recognized conductors and composers.
- The Musicological Research Committee identifies wind band/ensemble research projects from around the world that are of interest to WASBE members. Furthermore, this Committee provides a link to the International Society for the Promotion and Investigation of Band Music (IGEB).
- The Conductor-Composer Exchange Program facilitates international exchanges for conductors, composers, music students, and wind bands and wind ensembles. It provides opportunities for numerous types of international exchanges and visits, including study tours, conductor exchanges, band tours and exchanges, and guest conducting and lecturing.
- The Professional Band Network links the professional bands around the world, giving them the opportunity to exchange repertoire, conductors, and soloists. It also serves as a forum for seeking solutions to problems and developing new ideas.
- The Composers Network links wind band/ensemble composers around the world, making it possible to share ideas and compositional techniques, seek solutions to mutual problems, and experience the music of other peoples and cultures.
- The Military Band Network links the military musicians of the various countries, giving them the opportunity to visit and perform for and with one another. It provides a forum for exchanging information on methods of training, standards of performance and military music traditions.